set error

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Webster

set error

Post by Webster »

Trying to start Duplicate Cleaner.
after selecting language (english)
error message
"Error setting up Duplicate Cleaner:
The property 'FileListColWidth' could not be created from it's default value. Error Message: Configuration system failed to initialize

What do I do to fix this.
AW
mak

Post by mak »

I just got the same problem ...
DV

Post by DV »

Sounds like there is a problem in the config file.

It is usually stored in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\DigitalVolcano\DuplicateCleaner.exe_blahblahetc\
OR, alongside the exe file if you are running it portably. (check folder is not read-only)

try deleting the config file and restarting. If there is still a problem, you can email me the file at Software AT digitalvolcano.co.uk and I'll take a look.
mj

Post by mj »

Having the same problem for the newest version & I can't find the config file at all. :(
therube

Post by therube »

The "config" file is name, "DuplicateCleaner.settings".
mj

Post by mj »

Tried deleting but it's still not working & keeps showing the same error
DV

Post by DV »

I've added this to the bug list.
dvg

Re: set error

Post by dvg »

i was able to install duplicate cleaner on a windows XP system which did not have .NET 3.5 installed. Dup cleaner downloaded the required components, and was able to start successfully. After that, I ran microsoft update and installed .NET 3.5...after that I started to get the error mentioned in this thread...tried to uninstall dup cleaner and reinstall, and also deleted config file...no luck
dvg

Re: set error

Post by dvg »

FIX--I was able to get rid of the error by uninstalling the .NET service packages 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 which were installed on my computer,
uninstalling duplicate cleaner,
reinstalling .NET 3.5 from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21
then reinstalling duplicate cleaner 2.0.6