auto refresh list after deletion

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
tek

auto refresh list after deletion

Post by tek »

Since my post on this subject didn't get imported, I'll say it again in simpler words. If file A1 of group A is removed outside the program and then file B1 of group B is removed inside the program, group A remains on the list even though it would be gone if the refresh list function is used. The list of duplicate files should be auto refreshed after a removal operation is performed to make the program safter to use. Thanks.
tek

Re: auto refresh list after deletion

Post by tek »

tek wrote:Since my post on this subject didn't get imported, I'll say it again in simpler words. If file A1 of group A is removed outside the program and then file B1 of group B is removed inside the program, group A remains on the list even though it would be gone if the refresh list function is used. The list of duplicate files should be auto refreshed after a removal operation is performed to make the program safter to use. Thanks.
Sorry, misspelled safer toward the end...
Fool4UAnyway

Re: auto refresh list for ANYTHING?

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

Though this may be safe for deletions, how about changes (rewrites) to files that have been scanned?

Should Duplicate Cleaner keep track of anything that might change the results of the scan after it has finished?

I think it may not be safe in itself to perform a scan on files that are possibly deleted or changed in the meantime.