"Open checked with" option

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Hal B.

"Open checked with" option

Post by Hal B. »

Hope this is not redundant or already fixed in 2.0:

It is possible (and this is a *really* great feature) to select/highlight/check multiple files in the results pane, but right-click / "Open with...", seems to only highlight one file and only operates on that one file, not all of the checked or previously highlighted files (the multiple highlighted selection is lost upon a right click anywhere in the results pane).

I need to perform an action on all selected files in the results list, i.e. open in an editor, send to Windows Explorer, launch FTP client, etc.

The right-click list does show "Open with notepad++.exe" after the I tell it the path of the executable the first time, but again only launches the one file, not all the highlighted files. BTW, will there be a way to configure a default editor?

Even better would be to select multiple files in the preview pane in the context of the matching text strings, rather than having to see a matching text in the preview pane, look up at the results list, find the matching file, select it, look back down at the preview pane, find where I was, and keep scanning for results.

The TextCrawler 2 Pro screenshow only shows detail for one file in the bottom pane. I really hope the ability to show a grep-like display of matching lines has not been lost!

Thank you very much for an excellent effort. None of the other grep/findstr gui-type apps I have found seem to do the simple task of launching an action on a multiple file results selection.
DV

Post by DV »

Thanks for the comments.
'Open with' on multiple files seems a good feature - I'll have a look at getting it working on TC2.0.
The 'Preview All matches' option still exists in TC 2, don't worry!