Delete error - system out of memory exception

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Ewen

Delete error - system out of memory exception

Post by Ewen »

No a showstopper

While deleting about 5500 photos, towards the end of the delete process the progress bar stopped and the modal window dropped down the screen a few pixels. About 10-20 seconds later the app popped up the error and a log window listing the out of memory exceptions. If I close the dialogues it deletes the files on the next pass.

Thanks for catching the error instead of letting it crash the app - much appreciated. I searched these forums to see if there is a log file but apparently there isn't. No worries.

Great app, by the way.

cheers
Ewen
Ewen

Post by Ewen »

oops - spoke too soon. It has messed with the behaviour of the app. It seems to recover itself very well when things go awry though.

Downside: it's using >50% of a quad-core CPU at idle when it's out of control.

also, it seems like I need to go through posting here twice in Chrome 12. I enter the right security code but it tells me it is wrong. Do it again(hit enter in the address bar to reload the page)) - fine.
therube

Post by therube »

The Security Code is only valid for the last page opened.

So if you open 3 pages consecutively, in tabs, the first two pages Security Code will not be valid (must refresh the page), but the 3rd pages code should work (that is assuming you refresh the other pages /after/ Posting the reply on the third page).