Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Kalle

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

Post by Kalle »

I was performing a duplicate scan (Same content, same file name) to my hard drive. The scan went to 59.5% (108126/181681 files, 70.9 GB) when I got following Friendly Error Message:

Error during duplicate file scan: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Used computer is Lenovo T61P with WinXP Pro 2 v2002 SP3, 3G RAM. The scanned hard drive is 149GB NTFS drive with 95.2 GB used.
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

The duplicate cleaner does not start again after this error thus I can't easily check the version number. The version was installed on beginning of February 2011.
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

After rebooting computer, the duplicate cleaner (v2.0.4) started again. On this execution round, it got a bit further (108276), but still got the same error message. I assume it is not worth of trying for the third time.

Is there any possibility to enable logging etc, so I could make some error log from this?
DV

Post by DV »

Thanks for reporting the error.
There is no logging built into DC 2.0.4. I'm working on another release that helps with this to track down scan errors and delete errors.
The overflow error is misleading - it could be choking on a folder or filename it doesn't like. At any rate it shouldn't bomb out like that - something I'm working on to fix.