bug: weird issue with filenames that end in ~1

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Emerson

bug: weird issue with filenames that end in ~1

Post by Emerson »

DC2 seems to have a problem processing files (for hardlinking at least) if the filename is of an 8 character format ending in ~1 (ie. ######~1.ext).

It seems to be some sort of weird edge case, not sure what's going on. Watching DC2 using ProcMon it appears that there is a NAMECOLLISION return value from certain file operations that isn't usually there for hardlinking operations that succeed.
Fool4UAnyway

Post by Fool4UAnyway »

These ~1 filename endings are typical 8.3 "conversions" of long filenames for backward compatibility to allow DOS 8.3 filename access.
DV

Post by DV »

Will test this - I'm reviewing the hardlinking process in the current beta due to other issues you raised so I'll see if we can improve things.
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

Fool4UAnyway, yeah, I realize where these names come from. It just seems that DC2 has issues processing them for some reason or another though. I was just bringing it to DV's attention.
DV

Post by DV »

This bug fixed in upcoming beta 3
Emerson

Post by Emerson »

Cool :) Out of curiosity, what was happening?
DV

Post by DV »

Not completely sure - it was just throwing an exception when renaming the temp file back to the 8.3- seemed to think the file already exists. Must be something going on at a deeper OS level.
Anyway, i've changed the process a bit and that seems to have cleared the problem.