Suggestions:exclude folders patterns and more

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
George

Suggestions:exclude folders patterns and more

Post by George »

Thank you very much for this software - I am using it regularly and I am very satisfied ! Great job !
A couple of feature requests (I believe it would be very easy for you).

a)A way to exclude folder patterns : I scan folders containing foo.html and corresponding foo_files folder - there are countless occurrences of duplicate files inside these folders that obviously should not be deleted. So if there could be a way to specify folder masks to be excluded or included, like in insert folder by name to specify ".*_files" and then exclude it would be really great ! I believe this will be tremendously useful for many people.

b)A way to tell the program to detect duplicate files belonging to different master folders but not in the same one.
For instance input folder FOO (and subdirs) folder BAR (and subdirs) and tell DC to scan for duplicate files that appear in both FOO's tree nad BAR's tree but not duplicate files that both belong in FOO's tree only or BAR's only. This is a feature I was always looking for in such programs in vain. You can see how useful it is (usually that's exactly what one wants).

c)An option to disable startup and exit dialogs.

d)Keyboard shortcuts (customizable :). Yes I am a KB junky.

Anyway thanks again - I really am a great fun of your program due to its minimalism and various options - basically I am using exclusively DC for detecting duplicate files.

PS I may come up with more suggestions - I am sure there was something else, now what was it, chmmm...
DV

Post by DV »

Thanks for the suggestions - these are all points I will be trying to work on for DC 2.0.
George

Post by George »

You are very welcome :)
Joe

Post by Joe »

I realized after using DC that my playlists were missing items that were deleted. I propose a feature request to fix playlists to point to remaining music file when using DC.
PS I love DC Thank You for creating it.
kaarlo

Post by kaarlo »

About George's request a) - to make it support a list of sequential commands of multiple "include" or "exclude" masks.
(Search Paths and File Filters in one pane, preferably treeview and with feedback of how many folders/files per filter is included/excluded).

Option to select folders with "n or more" duplicates and merge them (to shortest or alphabetically highest path folder).
George

Post by George »

Thank you for version 2.0.4 !
I did apreciate the changes in the UI - which usually leave cold. But in this case was refreshing.
I am not sure if there is a way to do points a) and b) in my post above. Also I came up with another idea : would be really handy to be able to support export of folder lists !!
What you think