Trouble getting MDB Mege to run on WinXP

Other bits and pieces and old stuff!
John Seaton

Trouble getting MDB Mege to run on WinXP

Post by John Seaton »

Hi,

Can seem to et the app to run on WinXP. Works ok on Vista. Anything i should look out for.

Cheers,

Johnnny
DV

Post by DV »

It doesn't seem to work too well with Office 2007, if that is the version you use on XP.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

no it, is office 97 on the xp machine and office 2003 on the vista.
Message i receive is, Unrecognised Database format 'c:\mdb_merge\mdb_merge.mde'

Johnny
DV

Post by DV »

It's possible the mde is in Office 2000 format - I'll need to save out a downgraded version to office 97 - will post later.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Thank you, that would be great. I'm gettin ground it by copying the DB's to the vista pc and opening in 2003 and then converting back before copying back to the xp machine, but it's turning out to be an excercise and a half. :-\

Regards,

Johnny
DV

Post by DV »

Unlocked access 97 version available here-

http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/downloa ... cess97.zip
johnny

Post by johnny »

Thanks for that. :-)

I'll give it a try and let you know how i get on.

Cheers,

johnyn
johnny

Post by johnny »

Hi again,

went to try the Access 97 merge again with the revamped file. still doesnt work i'm afraid.
After i pick the folder that i have copied the databases to be merged into and hit the Create Database List button, i get a Copile Error: Variale Not Defined.
May just have to do it the long way.

Johnny
Paul

Post by Paul »

Having trouble getting simple MDB merge to merge my two Access DBs. When I set the file location from the browser and select Create Database List I get error message: You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property FileSearch
John F

Post by John F »

"You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property FileSearch"
I get the same message Paul so I'm hoping for a solution.