TextCrawler 1.1 (Beta test)

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Kit

Post by Kit »

Hi DV,
To start, this one of the most useful web dev debugging tool I have ever used! Thank you for developing such a quality product.

Is there any chance you can add the ability to exclude files? I usually have to search through hundreds of cs/css/html/aspx/etc files, but I always get a ton of results that include svn-base as an extension (Subversion files). If I could exclude those from my results it would make my life that much easier.

Thank you!
~Kit
DV

Post by DV »

AllanA - No, TextCrawler will only be intended for ASCII text files for the foreseeable future.

Kit - I'll look into it. You could try specifying a list of file types to find only (semicolon separated) eg *.html;*.css;*.html;*.aspx

cheers
J
Bushman

Post by Bushman »

If TextCrawler uses VBS-style regexp, is it possible to add some checkbox (like Case sensitivity switch) for VBS "Multiline" option?
It's impossible now to replace something with multiple lines.
AbteriX

Post by AbteriX »

WOW
nice to see there is a new version ;-)
Good work, DV :thumpsup: :-D
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

"""
DV wrote July 10, 2008 at 16:08
No problem -
Remember this version is beta
so best keep a backup of your data just to be sure!
"""

Maybe it's a good idea
to enable
"Options > [x]Create .bak"
by default for beta builds ???

Stefan
R

Post by R »

Just tested the beta. Very nice, thanks!

Found one thing, though:
In most windows like the RegEx Tester window, Extract window or Batch command window the ESC key exits from an operation like closing a selection while in the options page pressing ESC makes TC ask me about clearing the folder history.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello!

First of all, thank you for this great free tool! It's a very useful piece of software.

Now some issues I have with the beta version (yes, I know it's beta :):"
- the batch list does not update itself if I add new entries in the "star menu" (I have to quit and restart the program so that I can add the new entries into my batch file)

Now some feature I ask you to implement:
- multi row support
- mini editor which opens a file from the log window and jumps to the row number it found
- Option to don't show files if found = 0 (I preview all matches together)

That's all I can think of for now.

Keep up the good work!
Martin

Post by Martin »

Looks like balanced groups are not possible (I always get an "Error in Regular Expression!" error). Any chance to implement this functionality in future versions?

BTW, the batch job functionality is great!