A Find recent list bug in different case

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
Julian Shen

A Find recent list bug in different case

Post by Julian Shen »

Hello,

I found a bug about recent string of Combo Box in different case in function Find and Replace, maybe another.

You can reappear it by following steps:

1. Search a string first, for example "ddos" with full lower case, and it would be remembered in recent list of Find Combo Box.

2. Then search another string which exist in remembered recent list but with different case, for example "DDOS", this is full upper case.

3. Then leave focus out of Find Combo box, for example press Find button or focus in another combo box.
4. Then the "DDOS" in Find input filed will be auto replace to "ddos", so we can not find "DDOS" upper case word correctly, because "ddos" was exist in it's recent list.

So I suggest two solution:
1. Add case sensitive in matching recent list.
2. Or add a function to clear recent list of combo box manually when needed.

by Julian Shen.
Maai

Re: A Find recent list bug in different case

Post by Maai »

Julian Shen wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 pm I found a bug...
Confirm :!: If your word was entered in lower case, then when you try to enter it in upper case, it automatically turns to lowercase.
The same when entering the upper case when the previous one was entered in lowercase.
And also in all other combinations of letter registers if the same word is consistently entered.

There is an automatic switching of the case of the entered word to the case of this word entered in the previous case (If the first word was searched).
Julian Shen wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 pm 2. Or add a function to clear recent list of combo box manually when needed.
Menu: File - Options (F10) - History - Clear Find :idea:
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: A Find recent list bug in different case

Post by DigitalVolcano »

I can confirm this issue - it's logged as a bug and is scheduled to have a fix in v3.1.2

You can workaround this by clearing the search history from the Options window (History tab)