New to TextCrawler - getting crash/not responding

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
jayff00

New to TextCrawler - getting crash/not responding

Post by jayff00 »

Hello,

I could really use some help with this.

I am working with some tab delimited files of 800+MB, which are some databases that I need to tweak to be able to export to another format. Anyhow, I used TextCrawler for smaller versions of these datasets, and it worked great, seriously saved my life! So, thing is, I'm currently trying to do the same with the bigger files, the 800+MB, and although TextCrawler keeps mooching all my memory, it crashs or otherwise just sits there not doing anything whatsoever. Since the smaller files were not that small (200+Mb) and it worked so fast and fine I am having trouble understanding what's happening now.

I am using the trial version and I want to buy this product, but I want to make sure that it works with the file size I need. I am unsure if this is a issue with the Trial version (I hope), or if the program is just not able to deal with these size files.

Thank you so much and please let me know if you need more information to be able to help me.

Greetings,

jayff00
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: New to TextCrawler - getting crash/not responding

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Because of the way it processes all the file in one gulp, it may be having trouble with the larger files. You can try switching it to Line mode ("Process line-by-line checked") and see if that helps.

Sorry for the late reply - I seem to have stopped getting notifications from the forum!
jayff00

Re: New to TextCrawler - getting crash/not responding

Post by jayff00 »

Hey Hello!

I've just tried what you suggested and it worked!

Thank you so much!

Happy new year!
jay00