Free vs Pro?

Tool for Search and Replace across multiple files.
silentguy

Free vs Pro?

Post by silentguy »

Hi!
great fan of your software, I have the Pro version of Duplicate Cleaner and I often use TextCrawer to work on my extensive text collection...

I'm still using v2.5 cause last time I checked (been a while) there was only a pro version of 3... Now I noticed that there is also a free version of 3. What's the difference between free and pro? Can't find any specific info about the diferences, except for the fact that free is only for personal use...
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Free vs Pro?

Post by DigitalVolcano »

I need to put something on the website.

Version 3 split into free and pro editions. Some of the functionality that was available in 2.5 is now only in the new pro version, along with several new features. Both new versions benefit from improved multitasking (particularly being able to preview files while the scan is still in process).

List of extra features in Pro version-

Search and replace directly from/to the Windows clipboard
Process files between a line number range
Write output files to a new folder or a new filename
Send results to an external Diff tool (to compare original file and file with replacements).
Command line parameters - e.g. to launch search/replace from a batch file
Similar word search
Improved batch processor
Text extractor (pull phrases into scratch pad - e.g. all email address from a folder).

Pro is also licensed for commercial use - free is now for personal/home use only.

Hope this clears things up!