Regular Mode Option to pull Audio Tag Information

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
therube

Post by therube »

I'm not really seeing where Audio Mode search is particularly helpful?
Or at least I haven't (yet?) found settings that are providing particularly useful results to me?
And it is far slower then a Regular Mode search.
(It took 10 minutes, I think it was, for a Same Title search on 259 GB, & I saw no value in that at all, & it looks like it might take 10 days using, Similar Names & Same/Similar Artist.)

That said, in Regular Mode, if there were an option to also pull Audio Tag information (for audio files, of course), in particular Length & Bitrate, & display that in All mode, I would think to be useful.

Regular Mode, Ignore Content, Same/Similar Names, &/or perhaps Same Size would be much faster & more fruitful. And if (in particular, audio) Length & Bitrate were pulled (for display) that would 1) find "duplicates" that may only differ by slight differences in their Tag (even though we aren't doing a "Tag" search), or 2) the "same" file sets, but are at different bitrates (with Length kind of providing some additional assurance as to "sameness" [& of course no certainty here, but you can make a pretty good supposition].)