"Cache Read Error"

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
myasin

"Cache Read Error"

Post by myasin »

Hi,
I started a scan for 580000 image files with the similarity level 75%. The program have started to give "Cache read error" after 418000 image metric calculation and it's kinda crashed now.
Please advise...
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: "Cache Read Error"

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Sorry about this. Is there plenty of free space on the system drive?

If you run an image scan on a smaller subset of images does it come up with an error?
myasin

Post by myasin »

There is more than 20gb free space in the system drive.
I had tried the program for a directory with 5000 pictures and it worked fine.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Ok thanks. Can you try with the cache turned off? (in options).
myasin

Post by myasin »

Thanks for the prompt responses. I can try it with caching option disabled but this wouldn't be how I had planned to use this program. You see, I have a large image archive and I am downloading new images. My plan is keeping my archive in a folder and scan it first and then later whenever I want to merge the new images, I'll disable the scan for the main folder and make the scan for both folders. After finishing this operation I will merge the two folders. Since the main folder will be in the cache all the time it will be an easy scan and won't take long.
Can you suggest an alternative to me?
Ps. Will it be helpful if I check the log keeping option and send you to have a look?
Thanks...
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

That makes sense - i presume you are using the 'don't scan against itelf' option in the path list when comparing the archive to the incoming folder?

I realise that the caching is important, and will run some tests later to see if we can replicate (and hopefully fix) the bug.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Hi, Can you try this version? (please turn logging as well - it'll now write caching issues to the log)

http://www.duplicatecleaner.com/downloa ... xeonly.zip

This is just the executable file - you need to copy it over the top of the existing version in your installed folder (eg. c:\program files\Duplicate cleaner\ )

thanks
myasin

Post by myasin »

I will, and let you know.
Thanks...
myasin

Post by myasin »

Hi,

The program had crashed (I do not know when, I had last seen the process at 300000+ out of 580000 images.) I did not get the cache read error before it crashed. The log file (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6348654/DCP%20Log.txt) does not seem to be helpful.

What is the plan now?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

We've managed to replicate the crash at 478000 images. Currently working on a solution and will let you know as soon as something is ready!
thanks.