The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

How can I limit it to specific folders? How do I select them? Is recycle bin the only choice?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Newbie

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You limit your input folders by just dragging across the ones you want to look in to the 'folders to scan' area.

If you mean how to limit the ones you delete, you can always click on a file and select 'Mark the files that duplicate this folder elsewhere' (Right-click menu), or try some of the other options in the selection assistant and right-click menu.

You can delete to recycle bin, or just delete permanently. You can also move or rename the files.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DigitalVolcano wrote:You limit your input folders by just dragging across the ones you want to look in to the 'folders to scan' area.

If you mean how to limit the ones you delete, you can always click on a file and select 'Mark the files that duplicate this folder elsewhere' (Right-click menu), or try some of the other options in the selection assistant and right-click menu.

You can delete to recycle bin, or just delete permanently. You can also move or rename the files.
I'm puzzled. Where is the 'folders to scan' on my screen :?: I did accomplish the same function by hand typeing in the path.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Which version are you using? What does it say in the title bar?