Error in select by master folder

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
mjwcpas

Error in select by master folder

Post by mjwcpas »

I recently downloaded v2.06 to try and clean up a mess that resulted from a few failed attempts to sync two external hard drives.

The program scans and builds its list successfully (339562 files/2.32TB scanned, 115142 groups, 334496 duplicate files), but I run into an error when I try to use the Selection Assistant.

I click the button, switch to the 'select by location' tab, click the folder and browse to F:\, leave the 'include subfolders' option checked, and click the 'mark' button. It pauses for a moment, then pops up the message "Error in select by master folder" and nothing gets selected.

With that many files and folders, tagging them manually is going to take way too long.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks.
DV

Re: Error in select by master folder

Post by DV »

I'm still trying to replicate this crash. It sounds like there could be some odd filenames or data in there though i'm not sure what. Is it possible for you to send me a copy of the export csv?
Thanks!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem, is there a fix?

Thanks,

G.
DV

Post by DV »

Not fixed yet, but if anyone can send me an export csv that allows me to replicate this error it will be much appreciated! :)
Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi,

I'm still having this problem, and I have a CSV that causes it that you can have a look at. It's 6MB (zipped) - what's the best way of getting it to you?

Thanks,

Graham
therube

Post by therube »

Below the posting window, it says "Upload attachment".
Give that a try.
(Don't know if there is some size limit, & I would think the file to be public?)
DV

Post by DV »

It would be great if you could send it to software@digitalvolcano.co.uk - should be under email attachment limit.

thanks!
Buddy__

Post by Buddy__ »

Any updates on this topic?

I'm recently experiencing the same problem
Using version 2.1.0

It happens when I try to tag select by location i then can still use mark just one but that’s not what i like to do with big numbers it's much work to check manually
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Still trying to fix this one - and haven't managed to replicate it yet, sorry. Will update as soon as we can fix.
Buddy__

Post by Buddy__ »

thx