Features Suggestions / Wishlist HERE

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Piobee

Features Suggestions / Wishlist HERE

Post by Piobee »

Hi! First I'd like to say That I Love this little app... I'm currently trying ver. 1.2 and it's great!!

Here is some features I think would be great and/or absolutely necessary to implement..:

1A: A feature that allows searching to for duplicates into particular forlerd BUT always protects certain folders/subfolders againts deletion... (Should remember folders every session) AND possibily to modify Protected folders list after scan has been made...

1B: (Very similar...) Possibility to search Folder "A" to work in (delete/hard link files) AND Search Folder "B" as reference only (only Check if some files in "A" could be duplicates of "B" without touching integrity of "B")

2: Possibility to exclude on one search or Always exclude particular (sub)-folder(s) when scanning.. (or "Never consider as duplicates" option)

3A: Small Database that remembers Path/Name, CRC, size and date modification of every scanned files and compares DB to file size and date to determine if CRC re-analyze is necessary (feature seen on VirtualDJ)

3B: feature that cleans up DB from Files wich doesn't exist anymore..

4: Duplicates Folders.. Pinpoint Duplicate folders first if Whole folders are totally identicals (except for desktop.ini and *albumart*.jpg for e.g.)

5: Possibility to combine Selecting Criteras in Selection Assistant (inclusive or exclusive) (e.g. All but one in x:\yz\* folder...)

That's what I see...

I must say that all your work is great.. If there's a way I can contribute to it, let me know..!

Thnx!
JoeDog

Post by JoeDog »

The application is great.

I wish that it would also be able to delete empty folders also (if all the files in a directory are tagged for deletion, then the folder would be deleted also)
Juan Pablo

Post by Juan Pablo »

I wolud like to select those files that are deeper inside a folder tree, so that I can keep those already classified into subfolders and erase those that are near the root folder.
areyesram

Post by areyesram »

Great work!
I just upgraded to 1.3 and for a moment I thought the manual directory entry feature was gone. Luckily, it's still there (I use it a lot), but I miss the standard shell "browse for folder" window.
If the search path list could also support drag-and-drop, it would be great.
DV

Post by DV »

Hi - The search path list does support drag and drop from Windows Explorer in v1.3.

dupe

Post by dupe »

I'd like a binary-vs-binary direct comparison in addition to the CRC check. This would guarantee the contents are identical.

Great application!