USB drive

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
RDP

USB drive

Post by RDP »

Can Duplicate Cleaner be installed and run from a USB thumb drive?
If not, then I suggest it.

Thanks
RDP

Post by RDP »

bump
shows one reply but I do not see it

Can it be installed on thumb drive and run from there?
DV

Post by DV »

Hi
I've ran it from a usb drive before, but it'll need the audiogenie ocx registering, and the vb runtime files and the common control libraries present, also it'll save it's settings in the host machine's registry.
In summary - it's not suitable for portable use in the current version. I hope to look into creating a portable version in the future.
RDP

Post by RDP »

Thanks for the reply. I suspected it did not lend itself very well to a portable install. I have it installed on my computer at home and although I have used it very little it is very handy; because of that I thought a portable install would be handy when trying to work with friends on their machines.

Thanks again.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hi,
really nice app. I also suggest you to make a non installer version. This kind of app is the most useful when it's not needed to be installed.
I would also run it with only file name/size comparison..
Keep up good work!
Pete
Phillip

Post by Phillip »

Thanks for the program. I would also be interested in a portable version. I am setting up a USB stick with portable applications ; some of them from PortableApps. Their menu launcher looks very good and it is simple to add programs.

73, (Best Regards)
Martin

Post by Martin »

I have extracted the program using Universal Extractor (http://legroom.net/software/uniextract) and moved the files from the {sys} directory to the {app} directory. It now runs without installation (but settings will still be saved in the registry, of course).