Version 5 - unusable slow for me, why ?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
maniacbone

Version 5 - unusable slow for me, why ?

Post by maniacbone »

Dear Community,

i installed Version 5 yesterday and the programm is unthinkable slow..like i would have a pentium 1 with 2 megabytes of ram...every click or dropdown menu i touch takes like at least 20 seconds to react. the result list refreshes in forever (row by row) etc...

what could this be ? i have a pretty decent pc and version 4 worked like a charm... i WANT to reset the settings on version 5 but i write this thread in the meantime while i wait for the settings page to open (so far nothing happens)...of course the programm is most of the time not reacting according to windows task manager (yet it uses 8 GB of my 32 GB or ram and some cpu usage all the time)

the fact that i have version 3 and 4 still on my pc could not be the problem, right ?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Version 5 - unusable slow for me, why ?

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This is unusual - is this before doing a scan? Does restarting the program help?

If after the scan, did you have the 'Preview' column turned on?
maniacbone

Post by maniacbone »

AFTER scanning....i might do another big scan like that again to verify but so far it was pretty darn slow in my interaction responses
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

One thing to try is turning off the 'View -> Smooth scrolling table' setting
maniacbone

Post by maniacbone »

i just run a image scan (exact matches, rotated and flipped with same aspect ratio)...the results were smooth when scrolling...but as soon as i use a filter, delete something, and switch back to the unfiltered result list it turns into a slideshow of scrolling..painfully slow....its really at least 2 seconds befor my mouse wheel scrolling is registered and then its not even a scroll its just a jump to the next page...

a restart of the program removes this issue until i delete something or filter deselect the filter again....

switching of smooth scroll does not affect anything in this matter...

infos of my system:
the searched items are on an internal harddisk
my system drive is a samsung evo 960 ssd
i have 32 GB RAM
cpu is a i7-8700k
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the info. How many files in scan/duplicates?

Did you try turning off the 'Preview' column (and then restart program)?
maniacbone

Post by maniacbone »

my last image scan had more than 100.000 duplicates found...and yes i tried turning on an off several things....after a while of using it stabilizes but then when i do a filter or something gets deleted the programm becomes realy slow