Wizard text topics - translation

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
ALeXceL

Wizard text topics - translation

Post by ALeXceL »

First of all, I thank DV, as DC v5 has become one of the top duplicate finding software with the new features. Translation, for example, is useful to operate the program in a better way. I've translated (to Pt-BR) all pending strings using recommended software (TxEditor). But I have found that the text relating to the "Wizard" options, including their help instructions, are not available for translation. Is there a way to do it, perhaps, including these key strings on the XML language file?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Wizard text topics - translation

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks, glad you like the program!
The Wizards are self contained files with their own translations (users can create their own Wizards but I haven't documented that yet).

You can easily add a language to a wizard by editing the files in the Wizards subfolder

e.g.

Code: Select all

<Name xml:lang="en">Find exact duplicate files</Name>
<Name xml:lang="fr">Trouver les fichiers en double exact</Name>
<Description xml:lang="en">This will scan for all exact duplicates by binary file content only in the folders or drives specified below.</Description>
<Description xml:lang="fr">Cela recherchera tous les doublons exacts par contenu de fichier binaire uniquement dans les dossiers ou lecteurs spécifiés ci-dessous.</Description>