New request: Change the scrollover highlight color

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
rcwalters

New request: Change the scrollover highlight color

Post by rcwalters »

It's me again. I've used many different duplicate cleaners over the years, none match up to Duplicate Cleaner Pro. That being said, I have a request. When you hover over a line in the duplicate files list, it changes the color which interferes with which stripe-group that line belongs to. It particularly bothers me on the dark stripes at the top or bottom file of that stripe, it looks too much like the light stripe. What would be nice would be to color all of the group in the stripe to a different color but put the one line you're highlighting in bold text. Or something like that, another option would be to not change the group color nor the highlighted row color but instead make the highlighted row bold. I know this may sound nitpicky to some, but it's an improvement to me that would be worthwhile. Thanks for your support!
therube

Re: New request: Change the scrollover highlight color

Post by therube »

DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Version 5.0.13 has an alt-highlight color when it is over a group color (different shade of yellow in the light theme). You can also edit these colors in the user theme file.
therube

Post by therube »

To clarify...

You need to be using the Custom theme
- Settings (the "gear"), Theme -> Custom -> Apply

(close DC)

---

You then need to (manually edit, with a text editor), the file {instalDir}\Themes\User_Theme.xaml
- back it up, first

Change the line:
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="DC-Highlight" Color="LightYellow" />
to some other color
<SolidColorBrush x:Key="DC-Highlight" Color="White" />

(White disables the highlight altogether.)

---

Start DC & your changes should be in effect.
Spire

Post by Spire »

DigitalVolcano wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:52 pm Version 5.0.13 has an alt-highlight color when it is over a group color (different shade of yellow in the light theme). You can also edit these colors in the user theme file.
Are you referring to the DC-HighlightAlt key? I can't get it to do anything. It doesn't seem to be working in the custom theme or in any of the built-in themes.

DC-TextHighlight doesn't seem to do anything either.

I'm using version 5.15.0.