Feature request: Recolor the stripes after sort

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
rcwalters

Feature request: Recolor the stripes after sort

Post by rcwalters »

Just as the subject says. I've done some sorts, and I've done some filters, and for both, the color of the stripe that a given group was BEFORE the sort or filter operation stays the same, so I have adjacent different groups with the same color stripe, which makes the coloring feature useless at that point. I'm calling it a feature request, but from some angles I consider it to be a bug.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: Recolor the stripes after sort

Post by DigitalVolcano »

The groups now re-colour on filtering.

Sorting still needs fixing though - it'll only be correct when sorting by Group no
Callistemon

Post by Callistemon »

Well, I finally got around to trying this after becoming aware of the 5.0.13 update. Despite the announcement stating that this issue is fixed and the reply on both topics stating so, it still appears to show multiple groups with the same consecutive color. I would attach a screenshot if possible. Copy a few images into a test folder, alternating between 2 and 3 copies per image. Scan and then filter to groups with only 2 files, or alternatively, groups with at least 3 files.

Blue 2
Blue 4
Blue 6
Blue 8
Blue 10
Blue 12

White 1
White 3
White 5
White 7
White 9
White 11
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Yes, there's a bug in the new update - it doesn't re-calculate the rows for 'group-level' filters. It's fixed in the next update!
Callistemon

Post by Callistemon »

Filters

Marked: Works Properly
Not marked: Works Properly
Group has mark: Failed
Group has no marks: Failed
Group has all marked: Failed
Protected: Works Properly

Groups (Quantity): Failed
Groups (Size): Failed

File sizes: Works Properly
Presets (Documents): Works Properly

--------

Another thing, is that the Presets row does not indicate being in use, so it may not be noticed that a filetype is selected. It should say "Presets: Documents" when the Documents checkbox is selected.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Does it not say 'Presets: Documents' in the Filters drop-down? It should (just tested it)
Callistemon

Post by Callistemon »

It actually does show the filetype. Sorry for the low-quality misinformation. One last thing, is that it doesn't appear that dropdown allows selection of multiple file types, even though the checkboxes are square instead of circle (which usually means that multiple selections are allowed).