"Hide duplicate groups" not working

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
rcwalters

"Hide duplicate groups" not working

Post by rcwalters »

I still have all of the files that I marked showing up in the Duplicate files list after deleting them. The "Automatically hide duplicate groups when one file remaining" doesn't work, both copies of the file are still showing. And the "Refresh list" doesn't do anything either, I thought that might take care of it, but no luck. Is this a bug or am I missing something I should be doing? I'm on Duplicate Cleaner Pro Version 5.0.12 64 bit.
rcwalters

Re: "Hide duplicate groups" not working

Post by rcwalters »

Okay, I just figured something out, but I don't like it. The issue occurs when I symbolic link the dupe files. So I guess the linked file is being detected as a dupe. I don't think DC should work like that, or at least have a setting to "Ignore linked files". What I have done to ignore the symbolic links already is I checked the option to ignore zero-byte files, and that serves to ignore the links, but given that, I would expect for the "Refresh list" to apply the ignore of zero byte files to the list, so I still think there's some sort of bug in the program.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

'Refresh List' doesn't re-scan the list or apply any of the scanning rules - it just check and drops any files that may have been removed outside of the program.

I'll try and add an option to skip matching of the shortcut files.
(One workaround is you could always exclude .lnk files in the scan settings).
rcwalters

Post by rcwalters »

Thank you for your reply. I would definitely appreciate the option to ignore linked files. Meanwhile, I will try your suggestion to ignore *.lnk files.