Am i Missing something ? (wrong duplicates although same content)

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
maniacbone

Re: Am i Missing something ? (wrong duplicates although same content)

Post by maniacbone »

well....my 3 day , 36 TB duplicate search has finished again....but this time as it should...a column "hash" is selectable....files that are duplicate are really duplicate and the same sizes... everything as it should be

what have i changed ?

i selected same sontent again, but this time no file size limitations ("any") and i started duplicate cleaner pro as an administrator (to be able to scan almost everything)....

"probably the filesize limitation that causes a bug" so i scanned a folder where false duplicates were shown with and without filesize limitations....no wrong duplicates in both cases....

i can only imagine that it was a bad search that one time and now everything seems to be fine (like it always was before)....

at least i can work again as usual

Thanks for the help thou
therube

Post by therube »

Did you - before running "as administrator"?

> Database file corruption is also a possibility.
> you can delete or rename it to factory-reset the program

and i started duplicate cleaner pro as an administrator
When you ran "as administrator", that essentially did a "reset" (as "as administrator" is essentially a different user then your normal user account).
(Actually, it didn't do any "reset", but instead started afresh [assuming you hadn't run "as admin", before] under a different user account, admin.)

Now, if you were to drop back, running as your normal user account, I'd expect that you'd again show false duplicates (if you hadn't done a "reset", there)?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can also check the log file (Docs folder) to see what parameters the problematic scan had.