Cannot get to the duplicate deletes.

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
ADougRay

Cannot get to the duplicate deletes.

Post by ADougRay »

Hi. I have purchased the product and find it more than useful. I have some disks that I used to back up multiple PCs. I have most of the saved data sorted out so I ran a search for duplicates on the disk. I had over 1,000,000 duplicates and deleted the first set, about 250,000 (I think I remember seeing the number 248,711 but it was a lot.) FYI, I should have deleted them directly, and not to the recycle bin. It took me about three days to get Microsoft to manage the recycle bin and delete what was there. Lesson learned. I'm ready for phase two. I have 928,767 duplicates and I've selected 14,107 to delete. However, I have 194 groups where all files are selected and I cannot scroll to that area easily because of limitations on the scroll bar. The groups are numbered starting with 183468 and I've been scrolling down for many minutes (40+) and I've only reached the 50000 group area. I KNOW I can see them individually but I THINK I do, in fact, want to delete all these groups but I have to get to them one at a time and it somewhat messes up how much I can be sure I want to leave some groups for full deletion. Basically, what I'm asking is for some way to go to the area where these groups are without having to hold down Page Down for a long time. It would be great to be able to put in a value to go to when browsing without filtering. The filter works fine but only for one at a time. Another idea; I had a LOT of zero-byte files - junk from backup data that was left after the data was replaced. It would be a nice addition to the product to delete zero-byte files. No need to worry about complete groups there. Nothing can be done with zero-byte files, except delete the directory entries, so no need to preserve any. More FYI, after deleting the first recycle bin junk, it's taken two days to defrag the drive. Deleting directly would not help that.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get to the duplicate deletes.

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Does the Quick Filter help with this? It's above the list, and one of the options is to filter 'Groups have all files marked'.
https://www.duplicatecleaner.com/manual ... =&sct=NzA=