Network Drives not showing

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
wellis

Network Drives not showing

Post by wellis »

I had to un-install Duplicate Cleaner and re-install to clear a problem I was having. One of the side effects seems to be that my network and mapped drives no longer are an option. No matter how many times I reboot and change my logins nothing changes in what is seen within the window.
Any thoughts?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cH28szKDLwhJLout6
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Network Drives not showing

Post by DigitalVolcano »

​I'm investigating this issue - it's been reported from several places. It's possible Microsoft have changed something in a recent Windows update that has broken this feature.
A workaround is ​you can add mapped drives by dragging the paths from Explorer. You can also use the Folder browser button under the list.
therube

Post by therube »

my network and mapped drives no longer are an option
Mapping, runs under the context of a User.
So if you are running DC "As Administrator", it is very possible that mapped drives will not show.
(Unless you have also mapped the drives under the Administrator account.)
(Now Administrator should still be able to see the "Network" drives.)
NoDupes4ever

Post by NoDupes4ever »

I suddenly had this problem as well on my WIN10 workstation. I solved the issue by enabling SMB1.0 on the computer on which DV is installed. The SMB 1.0 setting is accessed from Program and Features in Control Panel: "Turn Windows features on or off".

I consider this a temporary workaround and hope the issue can be fixed so I can disable the SMB 1.0 option.