Unable to upgrade from Ver 4.0.0.1 to Ver 4.1.4

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
carolathome

Unable to upgrade from Ver 4.0.0.1 to Ver 4.1.4

Post by carolathome »

June 17, 2020 re upgrade issue

I'm running Windows 10, Ver 1903 on my Toshiba Satellite. I've got lots of drive space, 16GB memory and no issues with any other program or upgrade. I've been using purchased and registered versions of Duplicate Cleaner for years and give it 5/5 stars.

I'm having trouble upgrading from 4.0.0.1 to 4.1.4 . I go through the prompts of accessing this DV website, downloading the upgrade and installing. When the program opens, a message appears that there's a new update. I went through the same process just described, 2-3 times. It's the same process with the same result. The program doesn't upgrade and a message appears that a new update is available. It's a Catch-22.

Thanks in advance for the help and hopefully a solution.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Unable to upgrade from Ver 4.0.0.1 to Ver 4.1.4

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Is it redirecting to download the free version? Sometimes Windows Store cuts in and tries to 'recommend' the store version. Be sure it says 4.1.4 on the installer. Also check that the shortcut you are using is pointing to the correct version.
carolathome

SOLUTION Re: Unable to upgrade from Ver 4.0.0.1 to Ver 4.1.4

Post by carolathome »

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded the right file. It's the very first download in the window. The solution to obtaining a working 4.1.4 is very simple. All one has to do is uninstall the old version then download the update and install. It's the full program and works perfectly. This doesn't resolve the issue I reported but at least I can get back to removing duplicates from several backup drives.

Again, many thanks for your quick reply.