Page 1 of 1

Issue when upgrading from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:06 am
by Gorton

I found that when I upgraded from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4, the duplicate search result display was corrupted. Text was corrupted, multiple columns overwritten by text that belonged in other columns.

So I used Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features) to first UN-install version 4.1.3. Then after reinstalling 4.1.4, everything worked fine.

There's probably some old .DLL's left over from previous installations that weren't deleted during the 4.1.4 upgrade.


Re: Issue when upgrading from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:40 am
by DigitalVolcano
If the text is garbled in the list it is usually down the a problem with the list font/colour - it just doesn't seem to handle some fonts well. Usually setting the font name in the Duplicate Cleaner options to something such as Arial fixes it - or resetting the database. Uninstalling as you did would have removed the settings database and thus fixed the problem!
This issue is fixed in v5 as it has a new UI :)