How to remove copies in same folder, making sure to keep same copy in backup locations

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
jang430

How to remove copies in same folder, making sure to keep same copy in backup locations

Post by jang430 »

I have 3 locations for my pictures:

1. SSD on my desktop drive C
2. HDD on my desktop drive D
3. NAS

On location 1, there are duplicate files within itself. In location 2, there is also. I believe it's the same case for location 3. Let's say I tackle location 1 first, e.g. abc.jpg, abc(1).jpg, deleted abc(1).jpg, and in my location 2, there is abc(1).jpg and abc(2).jpg, this time, deleted abc(1).jpg. In this scenario, when I find duplicates in location 1 and 2, there won't be any? Using byte by byte. Any suggestions?
Potentialbuyer

Re: How to remove copies in same folder, making sure to keep same copy in backup locations

Post by Potentialbuyer »

I was interested in the same thing. I am looking to buy this software, and saw were the company said they have a "busy help forum" for help. I can see your question hasn't been answered since April. Apparently the forum isn't monitored. To me, support is critical. A simple answered question can change everything. Even them saying "I don't know" is a help. At least you aren't waiting for an answer.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: How to remove copies in same folder, making sure to keep same copy in backup locations

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can set an input folder or drive as 'Protected' . This way no files on that folder/drive will be marked for removal - the Selection Assistant will prefer the other drives.