Enhancement requests

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
DrTeeth

Enhancement requests

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

I am going though LOADS of dupes [I'm about ½ way through and have deleted over 1,300 already] and the one things that I would really like is 'row select'. First, it is tiresome having to click in many small square selection boxes and second I am selecting for delete on the basis of which folder I wish to keep so my eyes are having to dart back and forth between the folder column and the check box.

I am finding the image preview feature very useful. To make it easier to use, I would like to be able to remap the opening and closing of the preview window. When selecting dupes, my left hand is resting next to the left side of my keyboard. The most comfortable, for me, would be CTRL+CAPS LOCK or SHIFT+TAB to open and close respectively. Caps lock may not work here as I have disabled this key in windows.

These two enhancements would make a significant improvement to my workflow.

I do count myself lucky when I came across mention of this program. I registered as soon as I could see and check the dupes that it had found.

Cheers

DrT
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Enhancement requests

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Glad you find it useful! You can select a row and then use the up/down keys to navigate in combination with the space bar to check/uncheck if this helps. (Or click a row then hit space)
DrTeeth

Re: Enhancement requests

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

I would like to be able to open and close the image preview with keys that are close to where my hand naturally is. Using F2 or F4 to close it would be better than nothing, but it would strain my hand.

Thanks for the tip about checking and unchecking without using the mouse. This will be very handy. This would get me using the keyboard even more, so being able to control the image preview window with keys would be even more desirable.

I more than find it useful...and it's British too!

Cheers

DrT