Extremely annoying pop-ups

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
jrsousa2

Extremely annoying pop-ups

Post by jrsousa2 »

I've just learned that Duplicate Cleaner is the best duplicates finder in the market, however, it's far from perfect.

One of the things that annoys me the most (and I bet a lot of other users), is the pop-up feature, which apparently can't be disabled
anywhere, whereby if you hover the mouse over an output line, it displays a pop-up box with all the info about that file.
There isn't anything more annoying and distracting in the universe than that, it's a very poor practice (windows allows us to
disable that annoying feature on windows explorer, because they know it sucks.)
It's very distracting, when you are concentrating to understand the output and what you plan on doing with the dupes, to keep seeing those
annoying pop-ups.

Another thing that should be done: allow the folder column to stick, the Folder column is one of the most important for us to understand
the output, and stupidly enough, it's omitted from the output and doesn't stick if we choose it.
Last, I think the protected folder should be changeable to regular after a run, so if we change our minds, we don't have to rerun the whole thing again.

There you go, I just explained why DC Pro is far from perfect. I registered just to be able to point this out.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Extremely annoying pop-ups

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You can disable the info-popup in the More Options Window. (More Options->Show pop up information).

If you click on the quick columns icon (show all) you should be able to see the folders column. It shows by default in Regular mode but can be hidden in other modes - will look at improving this for v5. Toggling the protected status from the context menu after a scan is also something in the works for version 5.
jrsousa2

Post by jrsousa2 »

I just went there and this option doesn't exist in my version.
I have 4.1.0.
Does the pop-up setting exist in this one?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

It was added in 4.1.1. You can just download the latest upgrade (4.1.4) from here-
https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/dcdownloads.html