Folder deletion

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
pattcz

Folder deletion

Post by pattcz »

Hello . new here. I try many duplicate finders software and ths one come close to what i want. I have library software for images which put every image to different folder. Then it create thumbnail and info file witch tags , ratings etc... I know about ability of Duplicate Cleaner to delete empty folder. But if i find duplicate in folder i want that folder deleted, so it delete that info file and thumbnail. I can do it manually sure but some trick must be utilized.

Thank you for suggestions.
therube

Re: Folder deletion

Post by therube »

So you're saying that if a duplicated file is deleted from the folder, you then want any associated .thumb .info also to be deleted?
Don't know that DC will do that.

Is there enough size difference between a folder with a .jpg (image) & a folder with only .thumb .info?
Like are all images, say, at least 100 KB in size?
And any .thumb .info would only amount to say 5 KB?

If so, & if you are comfortable that that holds true, you could search for directories where size<5KB, select them in mass & delete them. (Still a separate, "manual" operation, but might be sufficient.)

Altap Salamander (file manager) can "show" directory sizes by space-bar'ing over the directory names (which also selects them).
Sorted by size, & being sure to unselect "bigger" directories (i.e., those with images), would then point out the directories you'd want to delete.

Altap Salamander 4.0 - Freeware

Everything, can search for directories based on size.
Select them, & delete them.
You could do a search something like this:

Code: Select all

folder:   c:/Image_Library/    size:<5KB
(You'd need to set Everything to index folder size in its' options.)

Everything - Locate files and folders by name instantly.
therube

Post by therube »

Everything.

If your images are .jpg, your thumbs are .png, & your info files are .nfo, you could do something like:

Code: Select all

folder:   c:/Image_Library/    child:.png  child:.nfo  !child:.jpg
(folder: is kind of redundant here)

So it should find subdirectories of Image_Library that have .png and .nfo files, but do not have .jpg files.
(And presumably those found would be folders where DC has deleted duplicates from, allowing you to select them in Everything & delete the leftovers.)
pattcz

Post by pattcz »

Sorry for late response but thank you for answer. I will look at it.