Finding Duplicate Quickly

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
cldcp00

Finding Duplicate Quickly

Post by cldcp00 »

I am wondering if Duplicate Cleaner Pro can be used in the way described below

I have a large music collection of 100,000 files some of them poorly tagged. I get new files on a daily basis which are also poorly tagged.

So what i want to do using DCP is put the new files in a folder and run DCP using this folder and the existing Library to determine if I already have the song.

What I am finding is that it takes a long time comparing the contexts of the files and if I need to do it again for a single file it takes just as long.

Is there not a way to get it to build an index so it would be so much faster to find if the new file already exit in the library or does somebody know of a quick solution for my task.

Any help greatly appreciated
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Finding Duplicate Quickly

Post by DigitalVolcano »

This depends how you are matching the audio files . Is the delay in building up the file list? The audio hashes can be cached for matching but the tags aren't currently, so it can take a while building the list (100,000 files for instance).

We might look into caching the tag information also for faster re-scanning.
markpira

Re: Finding Duplicate Quickly

Post by markpira »

Using a free Happy Duck File Masher (yes I am a spammer) Pro is a smart way to quickly remove unneeded copies of Files and other media.