Duplicate Cleaner 1.3 (Beta Version)

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
DV

Duplicate Cleaner 1.3 (Beta Version)

Post by DV »

v1.3 BETA is ready for testing by any interested parties.

Main updates include:-

-Localized language support
-XP control Styles.
-Updated folder tree type interface
-Drag/drop folders from explorer
-Display/Ignore hardlinked files
-Un-hardlink files
-Export all files to CSV
-Rename files
-Invert Selection
-Select by master folder
-Date sort bug fixed
-Protect DLL/EXE files
-Remove empty folders
-Hide orphaned groups
-Two-colour scheme in dupe list
-Remember column widths in dupe list
-Confirm on exit

Get it at:
http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/downloa ... _setup.exe

I bear no responsibility for this destroying your computer. It shouldn't though :P
Ed

Post by Ed »

First time I ran this version under Vista Ultimate 32, it crashed due to Data Execution Prevention. I've disabled this particular program from being protected, but you might want to look into it as the old version never triggered this error.

Regards,
Ed.
Curt@dk

Post by Curt@dk »

Does the stable 'not-beta' version run on Vista? If so, I really think the text on the homepage should tell so. All the readers of freewaregenius were told today that this program is *not* compatible with Vista!
Curt@dk

Post by Curt@dk »

- by "homepage" I meant the download page: http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/dupe.html. Vista is not listed.
DV

Post by DV »

I haven't listed Vista as supported as I haven't personally tested DC on Vista. However, several users elsewhere have reported that it runs ok - you do need to disable the Data Execution Prevention for the program though - DC runs some machine code in non-standard address space(See post above).
fire

Post by fire »

Hi,

sorry for my english.I dont speak.I find bad name in base window in File Search...Find files with:"Save"(Same?) File Name.
good work DV.Thanks
DV

Post by DV »

fire - well spotted. Thanks!
DotNet

Post by DotNet »

Using 1.3b. Suggestion: When scanning the root of a drive, the RECYCLER folder should be excluded. It has Hidden & System attributes. Possibly all folders with these attributes should be excluded, maybe an option: Protect System folders? (like Protect C:\WINDOWS)
JB

Post by JB »

It keeps an internal record of what got hardlinked before during that session, but it does not note that files are already hardlinked on the file system when a new session is started.

Is there anyway to determine all the hardlinks already on the file system and remove them from duplicate consideration?

Otherwise, love the program.
JB

Post by JB »

Actually, nevermind. I think I misconstrued some of the information.

So my request becomes: Can you code a better progress bar for the actions being performed (delete/hardlink/etc)?