missed duplicate images

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Smokey1

missed duplicate images

Post by Smokey1 »

I have been testing out Duplicate Cleaner Pro on my muddled hard drives of images - back ups of back ups etc etc. Generally I have been impressed with the software but here and there the software has missed finding duplicates.
Just as a test I put some of the duplicate images in their own folder for the programme to compare against another folder and it still shows only duplicates in the one folder completely missing out the duplicate test folder.
I have even tried putting a duplicate image in the same folder and still no success.
Perhaps I need to adjust some of the settings -
Many thanks for any suggestions-

Status Protect Master Scan against Find you Scan...
Incl No No Yes No No
Incl No No Yes No Yes

Image mode - very close match - no boxes ticked
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: missed duplicate images

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Are you sure it is including the missing files in the scan?

There could be several reasons-

-System/hidden flag on folder (uncheck the 'Protect important folders' setting.
-A criteria or option setting that is causing the files to be missed, such a file or date filter.

See
https://digvolsoft.freshdesk.com/soluti ... 6000029796
for ideas.

You can also turn on the unique setting for that folder and check if the files are there (they should be if they are being scanned and not duplicate)
Smokey1

Post by Smokey1 »

Thank you very much for trying to help. Folder A has 282 images including some duplicates - Folder B has 61 images but no duplicate images in the folder - however Folder B does have some duplicates from Folder A.
When processing the system give the correct total - 343 images being checked but the result only gives the images in Folder A - I think I must be missing a setting ....
Protect important folders is set to - No - and no filters are checked
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

If you post the section of your Duplicate Cleaner log file (in Documents) showing the settings for the newest scan that may help. Also check nothing is set to 'Master'
Smokey1

Post by Smokey1 »

Many thanks

09/11/2018 14:58:43
Scanning: Image mode
- Photo Similarity: Very close match (97%)

Included: *.*
F:\20120218 Wolsztyn\
F:\12345\

09/11/2018 14:58:44
Scan complete
Total time taken: 00:00:00
343/343 files scanned (1.80 GB)
3 groups of duplicates
7 files have duplicates(38.0 MB)
Smokey1

Post by Smokey1 »

Just a very short update - have just realised there is a slight difference in the MB size between duplicates - eg 5.63 as opposed 5.78 etc etc !
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

The file size difference is fine - it's to be expected if they are image duplicates but with different metadata, compression, resolution, etc.

Does changing the Similarity down (e.g. to 'Good match') improve things?
Smokey1

Post by Smokey1 »

Changing the Similarity down (e.g. to 'Good match') does improve things but of course you also find good matches that are not duplicates - I made a straight forward copy of the image folder that is giving me the problem - and of course the programme found all the duplicates. As it's not a large folder I can go through the images manually.