How to stop the hated "Open Folder to view files" prompt?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Curr882

How to stop the hated "Open Folder to view files" prompt?

Post by Curr882 »

I like Duplicate Cleaner Pro, and I've been using it for quite some time. I've been using it with the Removal option to "Move or copy files" to a folder. And since I often get hundreds or even thousands of duplicates, I'm never so foolish as to try to select which specific duplicate file to remove for the entire list at the same time, because that's so error-prone. Instead, I always iterate through several times, selected and removing a subsection of the list then removing them, then I continue with another subsection.

But after you move the selected duplicates to the designated folder, you always are forcibly shown the "Open Folder to view files?" dialog box, which I hate with the heat of a thousand suns! I never want this, so it always wastes time, clobbers work flow, and provokes extreme irritation and frustration! :evil:

Is there ANY way to prevent this dialog box from showing up? A Registry change? An .ini file change? A binary patch for the application? ANYTHING??

If not, I'm going to have to find and buy some other product. Please help?

Thanks
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: How to stop the hated "Open Folder to view files" prompt?

Post by DigitalVolcano »

OK, noted!

Perhaps there can be a 'Less warnings for advanced users' mode. Will take a look!
ElderP

Post by ElderP »

I use the ability to move files, but also do not like the prompt EVERY time. How about an option to display/not display the duplicates folder after move?
ElderP

Post by ElderP »

Might this request be added to Ver 4.2?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Version 5 will have all the power user settings ;)