Not picking up duplicates

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
Half a bee

Not picking up duplicates

Post by Half a bee »

Hello, I am trying to delete any duplicate photos I have. I am using duplicate pro which I have had success but, I have noticed it still won't pick up some duplicates. For example I have two identical images, but I believe they share no similar information on the properties tab, I am not sure what else I can specify to search for without anything to go by that is similar apart from visually identical. I am not that knowledgeable with computers so this is all I really know but will try to give you more info of what I can if you need it to help me. Many thanks Jen
therube

Re: Not picking up duplicates

Post by therube »

Are you performing a Regular or Image mode search?
And what options do you have set for the particular search?
Half a bee

Post by Half a bee »

Hi there, I perform an image search on - very close match

I have tried ticking different options and noticed it still wasn't picking up two identical images. Trouble is, sometimes the info has changed due to me copying images, moving them around, they have come from my phone, Whats app, my husbands phone (and we send to each other - where some duplicates come in) - we combine all our photos but struggling to keep up with what's what. It's a complete mess to be honest! I have been sticking to their original names as this holds the original date I believe I've noticed date modified, date created, size is all mixed up.

I found at least with movies if I arrange them by length then that should bring identical ones next to each other then I can visibly see what to delete.

Anyway thanks for your time, hope you can shed some light on what I could try next!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Try it on Image Mode, Very close match. Make sure no other criteria are checkmarked (e.g. Same/Similar name, Same date, etc)