Feature Request / Does this Feature Exist?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
camerado

Feature Request / Does this Feature Exist?

Post by camerado »

Hello:

So far, great piece of software with great functionality!

HOWEVER: I am looking for the following feature, does it exist? It seems like it would be an easy script to add on to the existing software...

I'm seeking a way to mark duplicates found in respective folders with a way to batch 'SWAP' (exchange), through marking, the bigger duplicate with its lower rez/size duplicate counterpart.

Currently, I'm using the software to sift through duplicates after a hard drive recovery, and many of the orphaned jpegs are in a single recovery folder, BUT I do have the original smaller thumbnail versions saved (via Lightroom plugin) in their original hierarchies.

This feature would allow me to zap through and swap out the straggling higher rez duplicates while placing them into the hierarchies already occupied by the refernence thumbnails.

Does it exist? Am I overlooking this feature? Kindly advise :)
camerado

Re: Feature Request / Does this Feature Exist?

Post by camerado »

Anyone? Any ideas to do the same with other software if not this one? THX
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

There isn't a feature to directly swap files currently. Interesting idea though.
I was trying to think how to do this with Duplicate Cleaner, but was thwarted by the fact that the larger files are in a flat folder structure. Not sure of other software that could do this.

You'd probably need to export the list to a csv, import into Excel and then work out a way of generating a list of batch file copy commands for the larger size files.
camerado

Post by camerado »

Thanks in any case / if you do add this function, even as Beta, I'll be the first to test it out :)