Feature Request - Mark by orientation

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
laurin1

Feature Request - Mark by orientation

Post by laurin1 »

I have tons of duplicates (somehow), where the file was corrected in orientation in the file system and I want to keep only the one stored correctly (see image).
therube

Re: Feature Request - Mark by orientation

Post by therube »

How is one to know which picture is in the wanted orientation?

If you know that all the pictures with wrong orientation are named Img_*.jpg, then you can do selections based on that, or similar.

But based on the information given, there would be know way for others (or maybe even you, without previewing both) to know which is "right".

If you wanted to select all that had horizontal orientation or all that had vertical orientation (portrait/landscape), then maybe something like that could be done (& not that I would know if it could)?
laurin1

Re: Feature Request - Mark by orientation

Post by laurin1 »

therube wrote:If you wanted to select all that had horizontal orientation or all that had vertical orientation (portrait/landscape), then maybe something like that could be done (& not that I would know if it could)?
That is what I meant, like we have mark largest or smallest, I just meant to have mark vertical or mark horizontal, although, I actually can't think of any reason an image would be vertical orientation (larger height than width) that was not on purpose. So it could be "mark all that do not have altered orientation", but to be safe, I'm ok with with my first suggestion.