410: Error building Duplicate Folder view: Index was outside

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
therube

410: Error building Duplicate Folder view: Index was outside

Post by therube »

410: on program load, Error building Duplicate Folder view: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I can open the Duplicate Folders tab, & it does show various Folder groups & sizes, but that is the extent of it.
Not able to select, expand, or show file name/size.

Clicking around there, at some point, will cause DC to crash.
(It just vanishes, actually.)
(I haven't messed with it enough to know if I ignore the Duplicate Folder tab, if the other features will work without incident.)

Existing 405 loads the same as expected (at least without any mention of error).
[*Actually, I'm not sure that is correct. As in 405 I changed the location of the database, & very possible that 410, in using the default location, is loading, who knows data from when?]
(I don't really mess with Duplicate Folders, so can't say if 405 works as expected in that regard.)

Log file shows nothing of note.

*So if I change the location of the database & have it to point to the one that 405 was actually opening...
That does work correctly.

So it might have just been the case of very stale, incompatible data in the old database file.

In any case, you would expect DC to be better able to cope with such a situation.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: 410: Error building Duplicate Folder view: Index was out

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the report. Do you still have the database that caused the crash? It might help to catch the bug and stop the crash.

The database should be compatible between the versions - perhaps that one had a corrupt (interrupted) scan in it.
therube

Post by therube »

Funny you should ask about that, now.
Just the other day, I did something I rarely do.
I thought it was time to put in some Windows updates (oh, you know, meltdown & spectre & all that) & restart my computer.
And prior to actually doing that, I was looking around, cleaning some stuff up, & I'm rummaging through %appdata%, & I saw that file (in particular) & I"m thinking, its rather large (compared to anything else in %appdata%, I have virtually nothing in %appdata%) & I ought to get rid of it.
But then I'm think, no, I'll just leave it.

When I saw your post, I wasn't sure which way I went.
Looking now, I see I do have it.

But... I have no way to sanitize its data?
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

It's up to you - any data sent is treated in confidence. You can always attach it to a support ticket (if not too big!)