Short cuts

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
lewancz

Short cuts

Post by lewancz »

Hi there,
at first i must say, good work to all of you for duplicate cleaner pro. And a second think, im not sure if i can post it there, if not then sorry.

But what i really miss is especially on image previes mode to use some shortcuts. For example arrow keys for prev / next group, space for mark / unmark all or reverse mark, number 1 - X for mark / unmark image in grid with its pocition .. its crap to click mouse, move on small mark label ... click, scroll in grid click for others if they are and again move on arrow for next group .... with shortcuts will be more faster and user friendly.

Sorry for my post, but i think its a good and easy feature to implement.

Thanks for reading this and have a nice day
Timur Born

Re: Short cuts

Post by Timur Born »

Yes, please. I just started working with DC and the lack of shortcuts in the preview window means that it can only be used via mouse.

I would also like to have an option to make preview use the embedded JPGs of raw files in order to speed up the viewing process.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Image preview window shortcuts

Cursor-Left - Previous image in group
Cursor-Right - Next image in group
Alt + Cursor-Left - Previous group
Alt + Cursor-Right - Next group
Space - Mark selected thumbnail

Do raw files have an embedded JPG? I'll have to check this out.
Timur Born

Post by Timur Born »

Ha, I tried CTRL and SHIFT + cursor to change groups, didn't try ALT. Thanks for the hint.

Usually all raw files come with an embedded JPG. This is what Faststone Image Viewer and XnView display by default unless you change their preferences. This is also what Lightroom uses for its thumbnails until it creates its own previews from the raw data. Last but not least this is what cameras show you when you playback shots on the camera and what their own RGB histogram is based on (JPG instead of raw data). Usually you can set the compression quality and resolution/mp via camera setup menus.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks, I will investigate this.