Add an option to drop entire group from the list

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
ALeXceL

Add an option to drop entire group from the list

Post by ALeXceL »

When working with the list of duplicate files sometimes we decide that all files in an especific group are out of our scope, and so we want to drop them from the list. If there are only two, job is simple: select one of them, right-clik on it, and choose "Drop selected from list". Due to the logic, the other listed file also disappear. But when there are more files, say, 8, 20, 50... we have to select all to drop the entire list. So, an option "Drop this group from list" would be in handy to facilitate our job.
thorvath

Re: Add an option to drop entire group from the list

Post by thorvath »

ALeXceL wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:25 am When working with the list of duplicate files sometimes we decide that all files in an especific group are out of our scope, and so we want to drop them from the list. If there are only two, job is simple: select one of them, right-clik on it, and choose "Drop selected from list". Due to the logic, the other listed file also disappear. But when there are more files, say, 8, 20, 50... we have to select all to drop the entire list. So, an option "Drop this group from list" would be in handy to facilitate our job.
I like your product. I use DC as part of my special manual backup method: from time to time I copy my base folder to different HDDs. I use two HDDs for this. After making a new copy on HDD2 I want to retrieve HDD1 that contains the older copy. In the meantime I might have accidentally deleted some file. So I use DC to delete duplicates from HDD2 compared to the base folder. The accidentally deleted ones stay up. This way I dont lose any file unintentionally.
The only problem is that this takes an enormous lot of time. To help on this I group my homogenous folders, so I have to compare only these groups. But this takes extra manual work.
Here can I connect my comment to the previous one:
that would be very useful if the user could assign groups of folders for checking in the same run as A-A, B-B, C-C, excluding A-B, A-C, B-C which are needless in this case.