4.05 Pro does not access home network.

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
WacoJohn

4.05 Pro does not access home network.

Post by WacoJohn »

Just now upgraded to 4.05 Pro and it does not display any network access. Previous version worked fine. NETWORK has a + sign, but when I expand it does not list anything on my network and the + changes to a -. Refresh folders just goes back to a + sign, then to - when I click on it. My W7-64 displays and access everything on my network in Explorer ... as it should.
therube

Re: 4.05 Pro does not access home network.

Post by therube »

In my case, I'm not actually on a "network" (presently), but when I expand "Network" (in Duplicate Cleaner), I am shown my own computer (name) & two folders that I had shared in the past. So on my end, it appears it should work correctly.

Win7 x64, Duplicate Cleaner 4.05.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

It works here too. Have the permissions changed? Any difference if you run the program as Administrator?
WacoJohn

Post by WacoJohn »

Honked up Operating System. Tried to upgrade W7 to W8 and it stalled/locked up. Hit pwr button. Turned pwr back on and W7 appeared to boot just fine. Update Duplicate Cleaner. No network items. Fooled around with other things and found dozens of glitches so I restored W7 from a backup, installed DC, and it works fine. Thank you for the attention.