"Memory leak" in explorer.exe

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
chummy

"Memory leak" in explorer.exe

Post by chummy »

Hello there, i'm a user from Duplicate cleaner free edition and i dont know exactly if support covers that, but anyway i gonna ask here the problem is occuring. I use Windows 10 x64 and when i keep using duplicate cleaner for some time like searching a folder for duplicates deleting it then searching again and another, after sometime explorer.exe becomes high memory usage with extensive duplicate cleaner usage. Then i need to restart explorer.exe because even closing the DC application dont clean explorer.exe memory usage.

Another strange issue happens is when deleting files explorer.exe start growing memory usage up to files size being deleted when can grow up to all physycal memory instaled like 16GB. I just dont understand why explorer.exe is using all RAM while DC app almost stay low memory usage at same time.

Is that "issues" known or is supposed to work like that? I just dont see anyone else complaining about that so i wanted to ask.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: "Memory leak" in explorer.exe

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Version 4 uses a different delete method to v3 (free)
Version 4 uses the Windows shell (Explorer) to remove files. The advantage to this is improved feedback (graph, estimated time, etc) and better deletion speeds (especially when removing to recycle bin).

Version 4.0.5 (upcoming) has shell delete optional, so you can use either v3 or v4 style removal. Duplicate Cleaner free is also being upgrade to version 4, so both types will be available.