Can't Click anything

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
dan88

Can't Click anything

Post by dan88 »

Duplicate Cleaner Free works fine. With Pro, I can't click anything. Right click and Mark doesn't work either. I am more than happy to pay for the software, but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas? I've rebooted, reinstalled (also manually removed the folder in appdata), same thing. Using windows 10. thanks
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Can't Click anything

Post by DigitalVolcano »

If you are unable to mark a file for deletion, either by clicking on the checkbox or using the Selection Assistant, this means the file in a Protected folder.

You can tell this by the padlock icon next to the folder name

Folders are flagged for protection in the 'Folders to Search' list in the Scan Locations tab. You can click on the button in the 'Protected' column to change the status.
You will need to re-scan if you want to change the protected status of files already in the duplicate files list.

Note: System folders will be automatically assigned the 'Protected' status if the 'Protect important system folders' option is checkmarked in the 'Options' drop down menu.
dan88

Post by dan88 »

that was it thanks very much. I do want to protect a folder, but NOT that sub folder - is that possible? Example, I have c:\pics\pic2 - i want ONLY items from pics2 to be deleted
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

You'll need to change the top folder (e.g. pics) to 'Don't scan subfolders) and then add all the subfolders manually to the list (pics1,pics2,pics3). Then, set pics2 to protected.