Feedback about your matching algorithm

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
ElfQrin

Feedback about your matching algorithm

Post by ElfQrin »

Hi, I'm a registered user of Duplicated Cleaner Pro 4.0.4, I'd like to provide you some feedback about your matching algorithm.
I've tried to match a picture of a painting against my archive of 162456 pictures, trying to match it with other 3 pictures of the very same painting, that differ in the orientation of the camera (vertical or landscape, not the painting itself) and inclusion or exclusion of the painting's frame.
With a loose match (65), it was only able to find an exact copy of the target image. Same with a custom match of 45.
With a custom match of 32 it found 73 images and while most if not all of them looked totally unrelated it wasn't unable to detect the other 3 pictures of the same painting.
It was able to detect only one of these 3 pictures with a custom match of 25.
If you want I can provide you a test set of 23 images, the target one, the similar ones, the ones mistakenly matched and other that didn't match at all.

Also when you get a large number of duplicated files is impossible to check them all with the internal image preview that's slow and only allows to show up to 30 images per time. It'd be useful if you could right click on selected images and copy them all to another folder, currently the only workaround is to copy all path/file names, paste them into a text file, wrap their names with copy" " DEST_PATH and save it as a batch file.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Feedback about your matching algorithm

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the feedback. Test images are always welcome! You can create a support ticket and should be able to upload them there (or provide a link if they are too large).

If you want to copy images you can highlight the lines, mark them and use File Removal->Copy files. This won't be much use if you have already been marking files though.
thanks