Question and/or feature request, IPTC/GPS dates?

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
gaiko

Question and/or feature request, IPTC/GPS dates?

Post by gaiko »

I was pleased to see that DC allows one to search based on Digitized date/time (presumabily EXIF) and that has been hugely helpful in getting the majority of dups I have cleaned up, however my collection is well over 50k so that still leaves quite a few files. I was able to find more duplicates using the uniqueid EXIF/medatada feild (nice!) but now that I have found those files (~9000)I want to select the ones that have either EXIFdates, or IPTC dates, or GPS dates as the date created/modified is not as reliable as those other 3 metadata feilds. I have noticed in randomly selecting files that some don't have EXIFDateDigitized feilds or EXIFDateDigitized is wildly off.

Is there a way to specify searching for duplicates based on a "custom" feild? I know there are a myriad of metadata feilds but for those who know what they are looking for the option to put in a custom feild would be great, and *ever*better* some if/then type interface if EXIF exists then go by that if not then defer to IPTCdate if that doesn't exist then GPSDate.

While laborious, it would be helpful if at least there were more feilds that could be specified in the dublicate files view, that is instead of just file name/folder/group/size/filetype/hash/imageid and date created/modified there were others, like in my case the IPTC/EXIF/GPS dates... that way I could see, for example, IPTCDate exists for one file and EXIFDateDig exits for another file I can compare those, and if the "mark created date/time" could compare across feilds that would be awesome!

So in summary, if there is a way to do any of the above now I'd love to know, otherwise I think being able to specify multiple (custom?) fields would be supremely useful!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Question and/or feature request, IPTC/GPS dates?

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the feedback. There isn't currently a way to add custom EXIF columns - you have to view the fields in a separate EXIF viewer.
However, let me know what custom fields you'd like to add to the tag search (e.g. GPS date) and I'll see if I can add them in.
RatMan

Post by RatMan »

Hi,
Just bought the software after trying alot of different applications.
This one has met almost all my expectations :)

Would it be possible to let the Selection Assistans have an option like the "Mark by Modified date/tame" but for "Digitised date/time"?
Also be able to se that column in the scan result.

Thanks again for a great software!
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

RatMan wrote:Just bought the software after trying alot of different applications.
This one has met almost all my expectations :)
Would it be possible to let the Selection Assistans have an option like the "Mark by Modified date/tame" but for "Digitised date/time"?
Also be able to se that column in the scan result.
Glad you like it! If you add the digitized date/time as a custom tag in the Image search it will show up in a column but isn't currently included in the Selection Assistant functionality. Will look into expanding this.