Not Finding Pictures

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
piezanno

Not Finding Pictures

Post by piezanno »

Hi, I purchased this software because it has great options for moving or deleting duplicates. However, In picture mode I am getting few if any pictures back. Previously I was using a free program called "AwesomeDuplicatePhotoFinder". The Free Program consistently finds many more duplicate pictures . Att are my settings.
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Re: Not Finding Pictures

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Are the total number of files (not duplicates) found what you expect? Just checking that it is scanning all the relevant folders
piezanno

Post by piezanno »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. In answer to your question the program is scanning all the files in the directory or multiple directories.

I ran this test of duplicate cleaner pro against "AwesomeDuplicatePhotoFinder". Let me know what you think. (Data is csv)

Item , Dup Cln Pro, Awesome...
Nbr of Dirs, 10 , Same directories
Nbr of Sub dirs , 0 , Same
Actual files , 671 , Same
Files Scanned , 671, 671
Nbr of dup files found , 8 , 104
Groups Found , 4, 52
After Visual Analysis:,,
Very Close Matches , 4 , 98
Loose Matches , 4 , 6

Let me know if you need more info
DigitalVolcano
Site Admin

Post by DigitalVolcano »

Thanks for the info - there does seem to be a big difference. Just to check - you aren't using any scan path options such as 'Don't scan against self' or 'Master' are you? These will affect results.

If not, it would be useful if you could send a couple of the duplicate pictures that don't match using DC to support so we can take a look:
https://digvolsoft.freshdesk.com/

thanks!
piezanno

Post by piezanno »

Hi, I will go on your site and add 8 photos, (4 dups). I named the two "found*.jpg" that were found by DV.

My settings for the search were.
Protected: No
Master: No
Scan ag self: Yes
uniq: no
subfolder: Yes

Karl
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I also noticed that DC seemed to be leaving some duplicates on the table when in this mode although it was just a suspicion, I never tested it. I'd be interested to hear the results/follow up on this. If possible please post it here. Thank you.
piezanno

Post by piezanno »

I have switched to the previous version and although it catches more duplicates than ver 4. It still misses quite a few dumps. Even at 60 pct