BUG REPORT

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
dbague

Re: BUG REPORT

Post by dbague »

DigitalVolcano wrote:It's not a bug, just a change as of version 4.0. It seemed more logical not to hide the hard linked files from the list as they hadn't actually been removed.

That said, if people aren't happy with this a good solution might be to add a checkbox option next to the hardlink button allowing the user to request the hardlinked files are dropped from the list after processing.
Yes, this would make official that the check mark under criteria for "excluding hard linked files from list" is only for the initial scan. (if upon removal operations, hardlink options are being used, with current version, one has to rescan in order to not see the linked files).

i do agree though, that perhaps, it is an impression, i do get a more robust hardlinking behavior with the new version (4.x), in the sense of less errors messages when asking to hardlink, forcing the behavior (rescan) that i had to use anyway in the previous version.

thanks to making this explicit soon.
anew742

Re: BUG REPORT

Post by anew742 »

In the duplicate files list view, the columns don't save on exit or even on starting a new scan. I want to have it always show a column for file size, but it always resets when I start another scan