Loosing selection

The best solution for finding and removing duplicate files.
phila

Loosing selection

Post by phila »

I made a selection of a number of files where the 'wrong' ones had been selected. To fix this I needed to invert the marked/unmarked files JUST FOR THE SELECTION, but that function is not available. Instead I was able to choose a patern in the marked files and UNMARK them with the "Work only on currently selected rows" box checked. I then choose a different pattern in the 'other' files in tending to use the same procedure to MARK them.

Unfortunately the selection was cleared by the first action so I had to reselect them. Why is the selection cleared? I have also noticed several other instances where this has happened.

ALso in this vein, the "Select by text patern" box does not retain the text entered in it between uses, negating the potentially usefull puu-down arrow that should allow re-selecting of previously useed strings.

By the way, these are not complaints, I am delighted with the cleaner to the extent I have just upgraded to pro, more because I value the efforts you've put in rather than that I really need pro - although I'm sure it will simplify some operations.